*About your insurance benefits
- Your insurance benefits are underwritten by Santam Structured Life Limited (2002/013263/06) and includes apremium of R36.46.
- Child cover allows you to add up to five children for only R25 extra per month (incl. premium of R25).
- You must be the legal guardian of your children, they mustbe financially dependent on you and under the age of 21 to qualify for child cover.
- Add up to three additional dependants for only R30 each per month (incl. premium of R30).
- Additional dependants must be legally related to you and financially dependent on you to qualify.
About death cover
- This is not a funeral policy.
- There is a six-month waiting period for death caused by natural causes and a twelve-month waiting period for death caused by an HIV/AIDS related illness.
- There is no waiting period for death caused by accidents.
- We don’t cover pre-existing conditions. For example, if you have hypertension before taking out this product, and you die of a stroke, you won’t be covered.
- For more information about pre-existing conditions read our Policy Terms and Conditions About accident cash cover
- This is not a medical scheme and the cover is not the same as that of a medical scheme. This policy is not a substitute for medical scheme membership.
- You are covered for accidents and injuries that result in hospitalisation.
- There are no waiting periods and you are covered from your first successful payment.
- This accident cash benefit pays out from day one (after one full day) in hospital.
- This accident cash benefit is for accidental injury only, not illness.
- If you are admitted to hospital and have another accident or illness product with us, your maximum payout will be R3,000 per 24-hour day.
About your cash back bonus
- Your first year’s payments will be paid back after 48 consecutive successful debits.
+ About emergency medical assistance
- A medical emergency is defined as a life-threatening situation where you need immediate transportation to hospital.
- Your membership is active from your first successful payment. If any of your monthly payments fail, you will not be able to access your benefits and your waiting periods will reapply.